16 Lighthouse Road

16 Lighthouse Road - Debbie Macomber DNF at 45%

I hate DNF'ing. I swear it physically pains me to DNF but mother of god...

I was in the mood for something a little different and the mother likes this stuff so I decided to give it a shot. Not. For. Me.

The characters were just so rigid and a bit too proper. I mean there is a 22 year old women who uses the word 'vehicle' and wears slacks and reads like a 102 year old. To be fair she goes through something horrendous that would age anyone but she sounds just like our family matriarch who is 70 odd and oh my goodness annoyed the heart and soul out of me. Actually pretty much everyone in Cedar Cove annoyed the heart and soul out of me. If they weren't being ridiculously churlish or unreasonable. They were all also almost child like with how they dealt with their problems. Christ on a bike I like a bit of the miscommunication trope but how can a whole town be suffering from the same thing? People there needs to check the water or something.

And the cherry on top of this low fat soya ice-cream Sunday? Lots of kids dying. Starts off with one in fact. Now, I knew what I was getting into with this genre, pain and suffering is the norm but lads!! This be too much!! Misunderstanding and heartache followed by HEA be my crack for a reason. Pain and suffering followed by what feels like non stop misunderstanding, heartache and death be a way of making Tara, who is already a bit too fond of the vino, all the more fond of it.

Anyways. I'm off too OD on some KA and will maybe try to get the mammy to read her. Although I don't know if I want her asking about alpha males and falling my Tate and Tack.

Actually on second thoughts it's probably best she stays where she is. She don't like change much.