The Blinding Light

The Blinding Light - Renae Kaye “That’s what dreams and wishes are for, aren’t they? To make the impossible, possible?”

It's Renae Kaye so of course it was rather lovely. I really don't like for her books to end and honestly I think Jake and Patrick should get another book as I NEED to know what happens next.

It seems rushed in parts and there is an element of insta-EVERYTHING but this is just a lovely, sweet and feel good story. Apart they are both lonely and a bit lost but together they find peace and a home.

We also get another nickname (have I mentioned that Renae Kaye is awesome?) and I kinda loved it, it wasn't 'Quackle' good but it was so sweet and I adored it for Patrick. 'Patti-cake' is going on the list of beloved nicknames for sure!

I didn't love everything (wasn't a fan of the whole situation with Jake's mother) but I loved the two boys together so I'm just gonna focus on that. Another sweet read from this author. Think I'll do the 'bear' one next.

"I don’t care if he has six fingers on one hand and turns purple with every full moon. He is who he is and that’s who I like."