Incantation Ink (Incantation Ink, #1-4)

Incantation Ink (Incantation Ink, #1-4) - A. Otter A Story of four parts:

1. Grounded on Living Skin

Tattoo artist and magical Stiles meets and works on Derek. Take that 'works' to mean all of the things. That was really hot.

"He was completely ridiculous. Derek wanted to keep him forever."

"A tattoo is a true poetic creation, and is always more than meets the eye. As a tattoo is grounded on living skin, so its essence emotes a poignancy unique to the mortal human condition." - V. Vale and Andrea Juno, Modern Primitives

Next one, next one, next one...

2. All the way to the bone

"It should have sounded too possessive, maybe, or controlling, but the way Stiles said it was like a claiming, like he was inviting Derek into their own pack of two, like in owning Derek he was offering himself in return, and taking responsibility even for all the parts of Derek that were already broken."

Oh I am loving this series. I just adore who they both are and how they behave together. Stiles is still Stiles but is almost calming and this Stilescalm somehow gets Derek to communicate, I love it.

Really sweet and more 'holy hotness batman' which is always a bonus.

3. Heartlines

Oh we get some cool (but very minor) plot and Stiles being totally kickass.

“Holy shit, that was awesome. That was some fucking expecto patronum shit I just pulled, I am the greatest.”

Also get to meet Laura's new betas. You could probably guess who they are, there are two of them. I always like Laura in fics but she annoyed me a little bit in this one, you are an Alpha, stop behaving like a 12 year old.

Stiles and Derek at the end may be reason enough to make this my favourite so far. I love Derek POV, I really do.

Onwards to the finish line...

4. Honest Skin

"I think a great many people have died for love, while others have overcome tremendous obstacles to live for it."

Where Derek and Stiles get matching ink. Stiles POV.

I wish there was more, it felt like a few things were left in the air but also because OMG I loved this. Not sure if it's the mood I'm in or the tattoos or the lovin' or me FINALLY getting back into Sterek after the shitstorm that was December, but whatever it was I adored this series.

I give it all of the stars and a very strange review.