Scorpion - Aleksandr Voinov "Because we focused on the snake, we missed the scorpion."

I'm in love.
I'm in love with Kendras and I'm in love with his Scorpions and I'm in love with this world and I'm in awe and may be crushing a bit on Aleksandr Voinov.

Kendras is a wonderful character, from the very first page I was enthralled by him (a gift he seems to have with many in this world) and what a start it was. Kendras doesn't seem to have had anything come to him easily and from the beginning of this book we see him struggling, struggling to find safety, find his comrades and survive in a world that is full of intrigue and backstabbing and one he doesn't fully understand. But Kendras does not know how to give up and as a Scorpion, whose motto is 'never stop fighting', it makes for some wonderful reading.

Voinov does not go easy on you in this book (my experience of him so far tells me that this is what I should always expect) there are twists and turns and nobody his safe. It's absolutely awesome and makes putting this book down almost impossible.

This series has so much potential and I'm excited for what is to come from both Kendras and the Scorpions.

"Men like you make empires possible, Kendras."

BR with Kat and Nick (and whomever else would like to join) on Sunday 14 September 2014. Discussion thread