Love Lessons

Love Lessons - Heidi Cullinan

Oh my goodness where to start?

So I have had this series for AGES!! There was no particular reason for why I didn't start it, it was just there. So, our Susan starts the audios and RAVES about them. This leads to her strongly encouraging I start them. I in turn start listening to a different audio book that turns out to be woeful. Susan now insists I listen to this and now we are in a place where she will be picking the rest of my audios forever and ever and I have fallen madly in love with Iggy Toma.

So we will start there. Iggy Toma. Oh goodness me that voice. I'm just going to listen to him whenever I feel sad or sick or whatever bad feelz I have because the mans voice is pure comfort. It's like wrapping yourself in a blanket and snuggling up in front of an open fire. What I liked about this (but might bother some) is that the pace of his voice is not too fast, I'm relatively new to audio books and tend to only listen to ones that I have read but the pace of this was perfect and I felt I missed nothing as a result. 5+ star audio and a voice crush. YAY!!

On to Walter and Kelly. I loved everything about them. Kelly starting off shy and reserved and totally clueless and becoming brave and wise and strong. Walter the player with a 'don't give a shit' attitude who tries to looks after all the important people in his life but at the same time keep them at arms length because he is terrified of them leaving, but once he opens himself up he is this huge romantic that just killed me and made me fall madly in love with him. Oh my goodness I loved this book!!!

It's Disney but it also introduced me Tom of Finland so it's not THAT Disney. Which by the way, if you have a few minutes and are in a place that's private I encourage a Tom of Finland google image search. I had no idea!!

But like with all Disney there are feelz and poor Walter has the feelz, his family is a mess and he tries to do his best by them by being the grown up but it just doesn't work. Walter with Kelly's family just broke my heart and Walter with Kelly when he lets go was a total show stopper. So much love for these two. So much.

"I'll be your candle on the water
This flame inside of me will grow
Keep holding on you'll make it
Here's my hand so take it
Look for me reaching out to show
As sure as rivers flow
I'll never let you go"

Helen Reddy
Candle on the Water.

The music in this was great and I'm currently all over making playlists for books so luckily I could do that with Love Lessons. Because I listened to the audio while at the gym I may not have got them all but here is a list of the ones I got:

Titanium - David Guetta ft Sia
We Are Born - Sia
Wild Ones - Flo Ridda ft Sia
Something That I Want - Grace Potter (Tangled soundtrack)
When Will My Life Begin - Mandy Moore (Tangled soundtack)
I See the Light - Many Moore & Zachary Levi (Tangled soundtrack)
Candle on the Water - Helen Reddy

And have a watch of the Dance in Space Scene from WALL-E if you have a chance. Cause it's WALL-E and that movie is absolutely awesome and totally underrated in my opinion!!