The Magpie Lord

Three for a girl

Four for a boy

Five for silver

Six for gold

Seven for a secret never to be told

Eight for a letter over the sea

Nine for a lover as true as can be"

Love this series. Love these men.

Stephen and Lucien are amazing but seriously I just adore Merrick so, so much. This book is a great introduction to the 'Magpie' series. I enjoyed the mystery, loved the supernatural element and it's really goddamn funny. I actually forgot how funny it was until I read it again. I really like that Lucien is the furthest thing from a gentleman that you could get and is yet he is an Earl. The stuff that comes out of his mouth is priceless.

"You're feeling more yourself, then," said Merrick, when Crane reached an impressively foul climax.

"No, I am not. What the fuck, what the fucking, bloody devil-shit, what in the name of Satan's swollen cock was that?"

Do you speak in the House of Lords with that mouth?"

Bit of a slow burn between Stephen and Lucien but it really didn't bother me most especially because Lucien would fire out something like this every now and again.

"When I fuck you, Mr. Day, it will not be briefly. It will be long and hard and extremely thorough. I'm going to take pains with you."

If you like historicals, if you like PNR and if you like a mystery. READ THIS SERIES!!