Divide & Conquer

Divide & Conquer - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban Another great Ty and Zane installment. These two are just getting better and better. So the plot line for this one: we start with a news item telling us about upheaval and unrest in Baltimore. There are bombs and bank robberies and the public are blaming the local LEO's for not doing their jobs. The public are protesting outside Government buildings. It's a PR nightmare. So as well as catch the bad guys the FBI have brought in the PR gurus to help change public opinion. One of the ways of doing this is to hold a softball tournament between different Government organisations (I'm not entirely sure how this would help public opinion but I'm not in PR so what do I know AND we get some pretty awesome Ty scenes out of it so why not!!). Ty is brought on board the softball planning as he has contacts and both he and Zane are also drafted in to give talks to the public. This means Ty and Zane are well busy and not seeing so much of each other (Mind you when they do it is HAWT!!). Ty gets injured on the field of play, Zane gets injured in the field and there are quite a few explosions and we get to meet the boys from 'Sidewinder'. What is not to love?

As usual we get great relationship development between Ty and Zane. At the start of this series if I was to have put my money on who would be stalling in this relationship, I would of put it on Ty. I would of lost money. Zane is scared and I suppose given his past I really can't blame him. Myself though. I fell in love with Ty 3 books ago and I would have no problem telling him. Alas though Ty loves Zane and he is fictional. I could go into all the reasons that Ty is wonderful but I would end up spoiling it and running out of space. There are some heavy enough moments in this but there is also lots of humor and that's one of the reasons I enjoy these books so much. Lots of laugh out loud moments, Ty on Vicodin in comedy gold and a few 'I'm going to cry' moments, Zane getting hurt and the aftermath of that.

Getting to meet the 'Sidewinder' boys was a treat. It was also fitting that these are the first important people in Ty's life that he officially comes out to and declares his love of Zane to, they are brothers in arms after all and are his family. The acceptance and the rejection was heartbreaking. I don't want to give anything away about these boys. They are great reading and I can't wait to have more of them.

All in all just another great read, I have noted loads of excellent quotes but one of the best and the funniest comes from Ty and Nick. I know nothing about baseball but I do understand team loyalty and how insane it can make people. Ty using a baseball analogy to explain to Nick why he didn't come out to him is fantastic.

"Imagine if... I had told you I was a closet Yankees fan," he told Nick with a smile. "How would you have reacted?"

"That shit's not funny Ty, You're not serious, right? I thought you grew up in Atlanta! How do you go over to the dark side just out of the blue!" Nick asked in true horror.

Ty laughed. "See? There was always the chance you might react that way," he said as he finished the last beer he planned to drink tonight. "It was a scary prospect."

Nick stared at him for a long moment. "But you're not really a Yankees fan, right?" he finally asked carefully.

Ty smiled and shook his head.

"Shit man," Nick muttered. He threw back his bottle, emptying it and setting it down on the table between them with a loud clank. "Don't scare me like that."

Solid 5 stars for this one.