Sticks & Stones

Sticks & Stones - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban So Ty and Zane are back and it would seem that psychologically they are in some turmoil over the events that happened in 'Cut and Run' (Zane more so). What's the best thing to deal with these issues? Forced vacations.

So Ty decides to bring Zane to his birth place in West Virginia to meet the family and go on a hike. What could possibly go wrong?

I found this one to be a bit slow going to start off but then it just all kicked off and was action packed and became an emotional roller-coaster. I mean holy cow. I absolutely flew through the last third of this book, I was feeling really disappointed up until that point as I just wasn't enjoying it as much as 'Cut and Run' but without a doubt the climax of this book makes up for any failings that the start may have.

Ty's family were great (most of the time, I do have some unresolved Earl issues), Granddad and the shovel were hilarious and I loved Deuce. I thought that his and Ty's relationship was really sweet. I was actually surprised by how much Ty loved his brother and how much he told him about his feelings. I love that both Ty and Zane are still evolving as characters and that they are not always what they seem, we get to know them as they get to know each other. Hence the emotional roller-coaster I suppose.

AS amazing as this was I think that I'm going to have to take a break from the boys for a book or two though, I was an emotional mess after this. I'm okay with a certain amount of angst but I felt like I was hit by an angst truck. The upside though is I get them for a bit longer if I don't read the entire series at once.

4.5 stars for this one.