Frankie and Benny

Frankie and Benny - Kristen Ashley So the wait is finally over and AT LAST Kristen Ashley has given us Frankie and Benny’s story.

This story has been a long time coming, I mean like a loooooooong time and because it was such a long time coming expectations were had and hopes were high. I had a very definitive idea of what I wanted to happen, hell I had practically the whole story written (in my head of course) and was 100% sure that because of the greatness that is KA she would feel my expectations and hope flying across the Atlantic to her and she would write me the story that I thought Frankie and Benny should have.

Yeah. That didn’t happen.

So it’s not a surprise that at the beginning of this I was disappointed. I believed that Frankie deserved something mainly a lot of grovelling and in my mind what she got wasn't good enough. I let the fact that the story wasn't going the way I thought it should, take away from it for quite a while. That was a mistake on my part because once I gave myself a talking to and reminded myself that this is not my story. I started to see that Benny and the Bianchi’s were in fact giving Frankie what I wanted them to give her they were just doing it in their own way. It might not be what I would consider acceptable if it were me, but learning about Frankie and seeing how she was with people I can see that it was perfect for her. She has the wonderful quality of not holding grudges and while that at times makes her seem like a doormat it is a special quality to have, no matter what, she is there for people and by Benny finally accepting his feelings for her and shifting the anger that was wrongly aimed at her to the person who truly deserved it (Vinnie) Frankie gets a person who will ensure that her goodness of heart won’t be taken advantage of again.

I really did adore these two. Now at times (mainly the start) Benny was a bit of douche and I had some problems with some of the decisions that Frankie made but we don’t always make the best choices so it made them seem more real I guess. Once they started to sort their shit out though things got really sweet and Benny moved up into top 10 KA badass alpha dudes.

That’s a tough list to get on.

I thought that Frankie was the absolute shit. Seriously loved her. She was incredibly sweet and kind and funny and just kick ass.

I would like to note something that was not fabulous though. Benny informing Frankie that Vinnie shared some details about his and Frankie’s sex life which Benny then shared with Frankie.

That was just all kinds of messed up. It made me unhappy and it made me want to kill a dead man.

Overall this is your typical Kristen Ashley and as is the norm with her I loved it. She is my go to read and I think she would have to do something really terrible for that to change. That being said, I totally understand why this is disappointing for some. There is nothing worse than when a book doesn't go the way that you really want it to, but I will say that if you haven’t started it yet try and let go of the expectations you have and just enjoy the story.

There are a few plot points that I’m not sure were needed and actually didn't make a huge amount of sense to the overall story (really the ‘Burg didn't need to be in it but since it’s part of the ‘Burg series I understand why it was) but you know what? It meant that we got more pages and more pages meant more Frankie and Benny so I was okay with that.

As is the KA way we also get an epic epilogue.

A solid 4 stars and a definite reread in the future.

Bring on Cheryl and Merry.

________________________________________

***23 May 2014***

Oh lookie, a cover!!

***29 April 2014***

DATE!! We have a date!! 8 July 2014.

***24 April 2014***

Oh a title, I like it! Benny needs to be making some promises about not being a douche again!

The anticipation is killing me!