Kaleidoscope - Kristen Ashley 1st read - 8 February to 9 February 2014
2nd read - 13 April to 15 April 2016

Hmmmm I don't think I loved this as much on the second read. Still loved it but I may have overlooked a lot on the first read. Need to have a think!!

WOW!!! Loved it.

The action in this one is definitely a lot tamer than in the first four books in this series but the story was amazing and lovely and sweet. I could gush all day about Emme and Deck I really could. Beyond adorable.

A huge amount of this book is told from Decks POV and for me this made it that much more enjoyable. I do love the male POV's in KA books and I loved the all Layne POV in 'Golden Trail' but I felt it was very difficult to relate to Rocky because of it. I couldn't understand how she felt. Getting Emme's POV in this and seeing how she saw things really was special. And it was sad and emotional. Emmanuelle Holmes is just fantastic, I loved her. I loved her sass and I even loved her flying off the handle, and oh I love, love, love her name. Emme is just amazing and she may very well now be in my top 5 KA leading ladies.

Deck is most definitely now in the top 5 KA leading alphas. Yum. I mean seriously yum. Seeing him come to the realization of what Emme has always been to him was so enjoyable. The Kaleidoscope? I mean seriously? This was beyond romantic. It was so beautiful and the reasons he wanted to keep it were even more beautiful. 'Just turn the dial.' Amazing!!!

Deck is just a big old softy. Well he will kick anyone's ass but when it comes to Emme and Buford (the most amazing bloodhound in all the world) he is just a big softy!! Now there are times that I could of very happily smacked him up side the head but he really was very good at redeeming himself.

One of my favourite uber alpha Deck quotes:
"Met you twelve years ago and we're just gettin' here. I don't call that fast. I call that a waste of fuckin' time I'm about to rectify."

The only real complaint I have (well apart from the book not being long enough) was the outside reaction to Emme's breakthrough and her past. I would of liked to have seen how the girl posse and Deck's parents reacted to it all and it wasn't that I wanted to see her get sympathy but we only ever see Decks reaction and some insight from her dad to this and when she told Deck he already knew. This part of Emme was sad and dark and one major part of it was really screwed up. I would of liked to have seen how other people reacted to it and dealt with it. One of the things I adore about KA is that it is never a story about just two people falling in love. It's a story about two people falling in love and how the people around them react and help with that love. Seeing how the people around them viewed a part of Emme that was tragic and how it made her who she was would of been interesting. Most of the girls had something dark happen to them in their individual books and it shaped them but it shaped them differently than it did Emme. Yes. In many ways they all had a shared experience but they were adults and fully developed, what happened to Emme made her what she is and her breakthrough shows us what she could have been and will become. Watching peoples reactions to that could of been wonderful.

Another great addition to the 'Colorado Mountain' series. 5 plus stars and a home on my favourite shelf.