Mine to Possess

Mine to Possess  - Nalini Singh
"You are the most beautiful thing I've ever dared to touch."

Proving yet again that my mood has a lot to do with my enjoyment of books I'm bumping this one up to 5 stars again. The issues I had with it on my last read are still there but I fell in love with these two all over again and really, really enjoyed this read. Currently having one of those "Books are just so amazing!" moments.

2nd read - 3 March to 5 March 2013
3rd read - 21 April to 23 April 2014 - 4 stars
4th read - 31 March to 3 April 2015 - 5 stars

While this one is not one of my top 5 in this series I do have a soft spot for Clay and Tally. Mainly because they have not had it easy, in fact they have had it ridiculously tough.

The beginning of this book is actually one of my favourite opening's of any book, it just reads so well, Clay and Tally's reunion plays like a movie in my mind when I'm reading it. It's a fairly memorable reunion though so I'm sure that explains it.

Both Tally and Clay were deeply scarred by the events of their past. Tally's abuse and subsequent issues just seem like too much for one person to handle.

That's why throughout this I got REALLY angry at Clay for the way he behaved, I know he was hurt but bloody hell, Tally shouldn't of been able to get up in the morning, never mind coming to someone who she knows she hurt and asking for help, he really needed to give her a break at times. Everything about her hurt my heart.

I will say though that it took a long time for all the issues she had to come to the surface but then there were so many you couldn't lay all that out in one go. Once things were out in the open and she began to trust Clay completely both man and cat seemed to calm and try to be all that she needed to heal.

The introduction of the Forgotten and the story plot about the abduction of street kids was fantastic, it made for more nail biting reading and I adored both Jon and Noor. We also get some insight to one of the main characters in the next book, Ashaya. She promises to be very interesting.

Another great addition to this series.