Caressed by Ice

Caressed by Ice  - Nalini Singh

2nd read - 1 March to 3 March 2013
3rd read - 20 April to 21 April 2014
4th read - 29 March to 31 March 2015

This is without a doubt one of my favourites in this series. Both characters are amazing.

We have had some insight into Judd in the previous books but the only real glimpses we have gotten of Brenna before this have been while she was at her absolute worst after enduring terror at the hands of a serial killer. It sets this story up in such a way that you know there is going to be some major emotion going on.

There is.

For both Brenna and Judd.

I think it is fair to say that Nalini Singh puts her character's well and truly through the ringer before she gives them their HEA, and this book is no exception, as usual though it makes for some very exciting and edge of the seat reading. Judd and Brenna are both so strong and so brave. Brenna especially has an incredible will to survive and be happy again and it becomes obvious that she intends to bring Judd with her. Just loved these two together and when Judd begins to thaw out?

Some interesting developments happening in the Psy Net in this one and it's becoming more and more obvious that things are not right. The Council seems to becoming more unhinged in their bid to save silence and we get our first glimpse at the Ghost.

Cute Brenna and Judd quote:

"Yes. Perfection is vastly overrated - if they measured the Psy race's contentedness index, the results would undoubtedly be in the negatives."

"God, you're sexy when you talk Psy."