The Wrong Man (Right and Wrong Stories Book 2)

The Wrong Man (Right and Wrong Stories Book 2) - Lane Hayes "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

3.5 Stars

So about a third of the way through this I remembered something. I'd read this author before and I hadn't loved the books that I'd read. Turns out the same issues I had with the 'Better Than' series I had with this one as well. Brandon was not that easy to like (I didn't hate him near as much as I did Curtis the douchenozzle in 'Better Than Friends' though) and I couldn't really see what Jake saw in him.

But. (There is always a but.) *giggles*

I wanted to read something easy and fluffy and a little bit comforting and it had all those things. It also had Mack. A 13 year old golden Labrador.

I'm a total sucker for a puppy and this guy just stole my heart and the show if I'm honest.

He is one bright shining star all by himself.

Jake was a sweetheart and while Brandon can be unlikable he acknowledges his flaws. The secondary characters had the potential to be wonderful but they all felt a little flat which was a pity and regardless of all my issues (*cough* member *cough*) I'm going to read the rest of this series. I seriously can't explain why. I'm just going to put them in the 'I like a little something that's bad for me' section and move on.

I mentioned Mack right?

"Love isn't a fairy tale. The real thing challenges you. It asks for your time, your understanding, and a fuckload of patience."